Colby M. May/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Colby M. May: Senior Counsel and Director of the Washington Office of the American Center for Law and Justice, wgho represents members of the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate on legislative initiatives involving national security, abortion, marriage, and pornography
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- American Center for Law and Justice : An organization dedicated to the "ideal that religious freedom and freedom of speech are inalienable, God-given rights", which takes legal action to protect the rights of religious and pro-life groups to public faciities; this is a "doing business as" name for Christian Advocates Serving Evangelism, the corporate name
- Religion in the United States : Article describing variety and evolution of American religion.
Areas of legal interest
- National security : A broad, imprecise; sometimes useful, sometimes euphemistic and sometime politicized phrase describing the totality of necessary functions of a nation; maintaining it is the defense against all aspects of the grand strategy of adversaries
- Abortion : The deliberate expulsion of an embryo or foetus from the womb for the purpose of ending a pregnancy.
- Marriage : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Marriage (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Pornography : Visual, textual, or multimedia content intended to generate sexual interest
- Branch Ministries, Inc. v. Richardson : Add brief definition or description
- Santa Fe Independent School District v. Doe : 2000 case in which the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that student-led, student-initiated prayer at public high school football games was unconstitutional, violating the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Boy Scouts of America v. Dale : The U.S. Supreme Court in 2000 upheld the claim of the Boy Scouts of America that they were a private organization, and as such not subject to a New Jersey state law that prohibited discrimination against gays and lesbians in public agencies and businesses.
- National Interfaith Cable v. Federal Communications Commission : Add brief definition or description
- National Endowment for the Arts v. Finley : Add brief definition or description