Circulatory system/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Circulatory system, or pages that link to Circulatory system or to this page or whose text .
- Physiology : The study of the mechanical, physical, and biochemical functions of tissues and how they interact.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Cardiology : The subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the cardiovascular system
- Blood : The body fluid that circulates in the vascular system (i.e., blood vessels). Whole blood includes plasma and blood cells.
- Blood pressure : Pressure of the blood on the arteries and other blood vessels.
- Electrocardiogram : Recording of the electrical activity of the heart on a moving strip of paper.
- Heart : A chambered muscular organ in organisms that pumps blood received from the veins into the arteries, thereby maintaining the flow of blood through the entire circulatory system.
- Heart failure : Defective cardiac filling and/or impaired contraction and emptying, resulting in the heart's inability to pump a sufficient amount of blood to meet the needs of the body tissues or to be able to do so only with an elevated filling pressure.
- Hemorrhage : Add brief definition or description
- Hypertension : A multisystem disease whose hallmark is the elevation of blood pressure.
- Hypotension : Add brief definition or description}
- Shock : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Shock (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Sphygmomanometer : Instrument for indirect measurement of blood pressure in the arteries.
- Stethoscope : Instruments intended to detect and study sound produced by the heart, lungs, or other parts of the body, sometimes with electronic amplification