Many thanks October donors. November donations open; our costs are higher during this hosting transition. - Donate here
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Material that did not originate on Citizendium and was created by someone other than the person who wishes to upload it may be imported to Citizendium under certain conditions. These were established by community referendum in June 2012 and appear below:
Imports (referendum text)
The Citizendium community affirms:
- the principles stated at CZ:About, namely that Citizendium "is an open wiki project dedicated to creating a free, comprehensive, and reliable repository of structured knowledge." and
- the open nature of the project, as indicated by our use of the Creative Commons CC-by-sa 3.0 licence.
The community therefore:
- rescinds Editorial Council Resolution R-2010-013 of 12th December, 2010;
- affirms that material that complies with our inclusion criteria may be imported into Citizendium, provided it is imported from a source either in the public domain or otherwise compatible with Creative Commons CC-by-sa 3.0 licence;
- encourages citizens who import such material to:
- convert it to Citizendium standards and style, and
- work to improve it without undue delay; and
- affirms that where such imported material has not been worked on within 30 days of import, it may be removed, moved to userspace, moved to Cold Storage, or otherwise archived, at the request of any citizen.
For discussion, see 'Referendum 2'.
|Citizendium Content Policy|
|Approval Standards | Article Mechanics | Subpages | Importing material from other sources | Citable articles | Other|