CZ:Editorial Council Resolution 0003/Member position statements
except where they contradicted the merger. The following links are to archived and out-of-date pages:
• Resolutions • Log • Essential Policy •
This page contains the official positions of Citizendium Editorial Council Members about Editorial Council Resolution 0003.
The governing rules for discussion are found at Editorial Council Rules of Procedure. The following are reminders.
- Council Members should place their comments, limited to 600 words maximum, underneath their names on this page. Comments will be ordered based on when they first appeared on this page; new comments should simply be appended to the bottom.
- Members may edit their comments throughout the discussion period.
- Each Member will be required to read this page before voting.
- There are other methods of commentary on the resolution, but no commentary is required reading for Members other than this page.
- This page will be closed for editing when voting begins.
- The closing date for position statements can be found on the resolution page and will be announced on cz-editcouncil, followed by reminders. Note that Members may move to extend discussion.
Member position statements
I oppose the resolution because in the track where the participants work off-Citizendium, it appears to cede control over our editing process to the seminar instructor;Even though the final work would still go through the same approval process that we now have, the editing would not have taken into account the possible contributions of fundamentally open wiki. I oppose any group being able to lock a topic into their exclusive control for several months. This is not an approach that leads to consistency. DavidGoodman 20:46, 21 July 2007 (CDT)
David, perhaps we could make our contributions on the Talk page (Discussion tab). We could suggest alternate wordings, additional facts, correct errors, and otherwise comment. --Anthony.Sebastian (Talk) 17:37, 24 July 2007 (CDT)