From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Many of these links may not be usable by non-constables.
Listed below are utility pages, the functions associated with the pages, and what we use those functions to do.
- Block IP address, email, or username: basic vandalism response is to block the username; we also block usernames for real names policy enforcement
- Prevent new account creation given IP, email, or domain: if a vandal might create new accounts, prevent him from doing so by checking "Prevent account creation"
- Look up IP addresses given username: when a vandal creates multiple accounts from the same IP address, ban the IP address using Block user; but the first step is to look it up using this tool
- Look up usernames given an IP address: use this to check if a vandal at a given IP address has created other usernames
- Get all edits associated with an IP address: use this to see what vandalism from a given IP address needs to be undone
- Find recent blocks and list contributions: a way to list quickly the "contributions" made by vandals
- Lists recently moved pages: use the "revert" link to quickly revert illicitly moved pages, which has been a favorite pastime of vandals
- Lists newly created accounts: an efficient way to scan new accounts, to check for well-formed names, people who haven't yet been welcomed, and review new bios
- Lists recently blocked usernames, IP addresses, e-mail addresses, and domains: used to tell which accounts have already been blocked by other constables; useful together with the user creation log
Also of interest: