From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
- AS (Advanced Subsidiary) Guru, Biology - produced by the BBC in consultation with the chief examiner of AS Level Biology and specialist teachers.
- Beyond Bio 101 - a synopsis by the Howard Hughes Medical Institute about the remarkable changes taking place in how American college students learn biology. Full report available here.
- Cell Biology Education - Journal published by The American Society for Cell Biology. All are available in full text free of charge.
- Graduate School Directory - Biology - listing with info on hundreds of graduate school opportunities in biology both in the U.S. and worldwide. Note also the directories for graduate programs in subfields of biology at the bottom of the page.
- Kimball's Biology Pages are a online elementary college biology textbook, based on the author's 1996 printed edition.
- Serendip - an educational playground around biological matters
- Sources for Teaching Biology - from The Sourcebook for Teaching Science by Norman Herr, Ph.D.
- Genomics Digital Lab - an e-learning platform with games related to biological topics
- The American Institute of Biological Sciences (ABIBS) Virtual Library is free to all visitors.
- The Bio-Web reviews and gives access to information in Cell and Molecular Biology, includes 'news' in plain language.
- Cell and Molecular Biology Online is a resource for professionals that includes links and some information for all.
- MorphBank — a cross-species database of images of biological specimens.