Battle of Taranto/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Battle of Taranto, or pages that link to Battle of Taranto or to this page or whose text .
- World War II : War between the Allies (most notably the UK, US and Soviet Union) and the Axis (principally Germany and Japan) 1939–1945.
- Fleet Air Arm : The naval aviation component of the Royal Navy
- Torpedo : A naval weapon that travels underwater, using its own propulsion, to attack its target, minimally with onboard mechanisms to keep it on a straight course. Modern torpedoes are underwater guided missiles that can track their target and adjust their course to hit it
- Battle of Pearl Harbor : Imperial Japanese Navy raid on United States' naval base at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, which took place on the morning of Sunday, December 7, 1941.