Battle of New Orleans/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Battle of New Orleans, or pages that link to Battle of New Orleans or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Battle of New Orleans. Needs checking by a human.
- James Madison : (March 16, 1751 – June 28, 1836), An American politician, political theorist, Secretary of State, fourth President of the United States of America (1809–1817) and one of the most influential Founding Fathers of the United States.
- John C. Calhoun : (1782 – 1850) American statesman and political theorist from South Carolina; a strong advocate of southern state's rights and a defender of the institution of slavery.
- John Franklin : (April 15, 1786 - June 11, 1847) British sea captain and Arctic explorer.
- War of 1812 : A sideshow, 1812-1815, of the Napoleonic Wars, between the United States and Great Britain; Britain ignored American demands to end the impressment (seizure) of American sailors, interference with American maritime rights, and support for hostile Indians in the American West; the war was essentially a draw