From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Banana overview - hosted by International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
- Denham, T., Haberle, S. G., Lentfer, C., Fullagar, R., Field, J., Porch, N., Therin, M., Winsborough B., and Golson, J. Multi-disciplinary Evidence for the Origins of Agriculture from 6950-6440 Cal BP at Kuk Swamp in the Highlands of New Guinea. Science, June 2003 issue.
- Watson, Andrew. Agricultural innovation in the early Islamic world, New York: Cambridge University Press, 1983.
- Dan Koeppel, Banana: The Fate of the Fruit that Changed the World, ISBN 9781594630385, 
- Dan Koeppel, The New York Times article of June 18, 2008, Yes, We Will Have No Bananas