Arthur J. Altmeyer/Works
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- The Industrial Commission of Wisconsin. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1936.
- "The Scope of Departmental Personnel Activities." Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science 189, "Improved Personnel in Government Service" (January 1937): 188-191.
- "Statistical Requirements of the Social Security Board for Efficient Administration." Journal of the American Statistical Association 32, no. 197 (March 1937): 15-18.
- American Council on Public Affairs, Morris Bartel Schnapper, and Frances Perkins. The Federal Government Today: A Survey of Recent Innovations and Renovations. New York: American Council on Public Affairs, 1938.
- Altmeyer was one of the contributing co-authors.
- With Wilbur J. Cohen and the American Council on Public Affairs. War and Post-War Social Security. Washington, D.C.: American Council on Public Affairs, 1942.
- "War and Postwar Social Security Protection for the Wage Earner." Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science 224, "Labor Relations and the War" (November 1942): 165-174.
- "Undermining Unemployment Insurance." Survey, January 1944.
- "The Progress of Social Security in the Americas in 1944." International Labour Review 51, no. 6 (June 1945): 699ff.
- "Government and Individual Security." Proceedings of the Academy of Political Science 24, no. 1, "Freedom and the Expanding State" (May 1950): 93-99.
- With James W. Angell, John S. Stillman, Allan B. Kline, Mr. Sahlman, Mrs. Wallace, Walter M. Weis, Willard Hamilton, and Nahum I. Stone. "Discussion: Current Issues in the United States." Proceedings of the Academy of Political Science 24, no. 1, "Freedom and the Expanding State" (May 1950): 103-108.
- "The Future of Social Security in America." The Social Service Review (1953)
- Altmeyer address at the William Hodson Memorial Lecture.
- "The Wisconsin Idea and Social Security." The Wisconsin Magazine of History, (1958)
- "The Development and Status of Social Security in America." Essay in Labor, Management, and Social Policy: Essays in the John R. Commons Tradition, edited by Gerald G. Somers. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1963.
- The Formative Years of Social Security. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1966.
- With Alva Myrdal and Dean Rusk. America's Role in International Social Welfare. Florina Lasker Lectures. Gloucester, MA: P. Smith, 1967.