Arthur J. Altmeyer/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Arthur J. Altmeyer, or pages that link to Arthur J. Altmeyer or to this page or whose text .
- Social economics : Add brief definition or description
- Social insurance : Usually state-sponsored labor insurance for career-debilitating occurrances (e.g., disability, unemployment, death, etc.).
- Social Security : Add brief definition or description
- Social Security in the USA : The largest federal social welfare program in the United States.
- William Beveridge : (1879-1963) A British social administrator who is widely considered one of the principal founders of the British welfare state.
- Eveline M. Burns : Add brief definition or description
- Wilbur J. Cohen : Add brief definition or description
- Abraham Epstein : Russian-born economist who was devoted to the causes of social justice and social insurance.
- Theodor Lohmann : A 19th century (1831-1905) German administrative lawyer, civil servant and social reformer, second in importance only to Otto von Bismarck in the formation of the German social insurance system.
- : Secretary of Labor for in the Franklin D. Roosevelt Administration.
- Isaac Max Rubinow : Advocate of national health and social insurance whose Social Insurance (1913) was an influence in forming progressive policy on the subject of unemployment compensation and national health insurance in the U.S.
- Charles Schottland : Add brief definition or description
- Edwin E. Witte : (1887-1960), an economist at the University of Wisconsin-Madison who developed the Social Security Act of 1935 and is known as "the 'Father' of Social Security."
- John B. Andrews : Add brief definition or description