From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Algeria, or pages that link to Algeria or to this page or whose text contains "Algeria".
- Libya [r]: North African revolutionary republic led by Muammar Gaddafi, which normalised diplomatic ties with the West in 2003; fourth-largest African nation, population about 6,000,000. [e]
- Mali [r]: Landlocked republic in Africa, bounded north-west by Mauritania, north-east by Algeria, west by Senegal, east by Niger, and south by Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, and Guinea. [e]
- Mauritania [r]: Republic located on the west coast of Africa, bounded north by Western Sahara, north-east by Algeria, east and south-east by Mali, and south by Senegal, with access to the Atlantic Ocean in the west [e]
- Morocco [r]: An Arab monarchy of western North Africa, nonaligned but generally moderate, with a slow-growing economy [e]
- Niger [r]: A country in Western Africa, with one of the worst qualities of life in the world. [e]
- Tunisia [r]: Country in the North African Maghreb region that gained independence from France in 1956 and was the first to see governmental change in the 2011 Arab Spring. [e]