From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Aggression, or pages that link to Aggression or to this page or whose text .
- Psychology : The study of systemic properties of the brain and their relation to behaviour.
- Sociology : Social science that studies human social behavior or social relations, social institutions and structures, demography, public opinion, social welfare, social psychology and some forms of political behavior, as well as the history of sociology.
- Anthropology : The holistic study of humankind; from the Greek words anthropos ("human") and logia ("study").
- Affront : Add brief definition or description
- Altruism : The characteristic of benefiting others without the expectation of reward.
- Amygdala : Add brief definition or description
- Behaviour : Add brief definition or description
- Competition : In economics, the attribute of a market that is characterised by the closeness of its approach to the ideal of perfect competition in which no supplier is able to influence the price of its products.
- : Contestation between rival interests or forces, particularly those involving disagreements over resources. Conflict may characterize types of contest from games, contests and competition to law suits, fights, battles and wars. In the social sciences, conflict is often contrasted with competition or cooperation.
- Fight : Add brief definition or description
- Frustration : The experience of nonfulfillment of some wish or need.
- Harm : Add brief definition or description
- Hierarchy : Add brief definition or description
- Hypothalamus : A part of the mammalian brain located below the thalamus, forming the major portion of the ventral region of the diencephalon.
- Pain : Unpleasant feeling or hurtful sensation that is conveyed to the brain by stimulation of sensory neurons.
- Predator : Add brief definition or description
- Reproduction : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Reproduction (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Serotonin : A biochemical messenger and regulator, synthesized from the essential amino acid L-tryptophan.
- Social control : Add brief definition or description
- Survival : The process of staying alive, not dying, continuing to exist despite serious threats to existence. From the French sur (on) vivre (life).
- Testosterone : A steroid hormone, principal male sex hormone, and an anabolic steroid from the androgen group.
- Vasopressin : A hormone also called (arginine vasopressin, (AVP); formerly known as antidiuretic hormone, ADH), produced in the hypothalamus secreted from the posterior pituitary that causes kidneys to concentrate urine to conserve water, also causes vasoconstriction.
- Violence : Assault, battery, the use of physical force which is swift and intense to cause injury, unless, of course, it is slow and gradual but degrading the capabilities of its target. An attack against individual rights. Rough vehemence which causes damage to humans, animals, and property.
- Assertiveness : Add brief definition or description
- Genetics : The study of the inheritance of characteristics, genes and DNA.
- Hormone : A chemical director of biological activity that travels through some portion of the body as a messenger.
- Neurotransmitter : A class of chemicals which relay, amplify or modulate electrical signals between a neuron and other cells in the nervous system.
- Reward : Add brief definition or description
- War : A state of violent conflict which exists between two or more independent groups, each seeking to impose its will on the other.