2010 United Kingdom general election/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to 2010 United Kingdom general election, or pages that link to 2010 United Kingdom general election or to this page or whose text .
- Democracy : A form of government in which ultimate sovereignty rests with the people.
- Election : Formal decision-making process by which a population chooses an individual to hold office.
- House of Commons (United Kingdom) : The primary legislative chamber of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
- Political party : An organization that seeks to advance the interests of its members by obtaining political power
- Constituency : Add brief definition or description
- Labour Party (UK) : Political party in the United Kingdom, founded at the start of the 20th century, and has been seen since 1920 as the principal party of the Left.
- Conservative Party (UK) : A conservative political party in the United Kingdom, founded in its present form during the early 19th century.
- Liberal Democrats (UK) : UK centre-left political party, led by Nick Clegg.
- Scottish National Party : Left-leaning party which campaigns for an independent Scotland outside the UK; founded 1934 and formed a minority administration in the Scottish Parliament (2007-2011), then a majority government (since May 2011).
- Plaid Cymru : (Welsh: 'Party of Wales') political party which campaigns for more political independence for Wales.
- Democratic Unionist Party : The largest Unionist party in Northern Ireland.
- Sinn Féin : Add brief definition or description
- Alliance Party : Add brief definition or description
- Respect Party : Left-wing UK political party which campaigns against privatisation, unemployment, Islamophobia and war; usually referred to as simply 'Respect'; associated with George Galloway and the Stop the War Coalition.
- Independent Community and Health Concern : Local political party based in Kidderminster, United Kingdom, which campaigns on health and community issues.
- 2005 United Kingdom general election : Nationwide election to the House of Commons of the United Kingdom Parliament, won by the Labour Party with a majority of 66.
- 2001 United Kingdom general election : Nationwide election to the House of Commons of the United Kingdom Parliament, won by the Labour Party with a majority of 167.
- 1997 United Kingdom general election : Nationwide election to the House of Commons of the United Kingdom Parliament, won by the Labour Party with a majority of 179.