A Brief Third Person Biography
A self-described "geek, born and raised", of Scotch/Irish descent. His long-standing ambition has been to start a small games and collectibles store. Since this didn't pan out (no business sense), he's instead intending to begin studies for a BA double majoring in English and Philosophy next year, at Cape Breton University in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Following that, he intends to take his Bachelor of Education, and likely continue with night classes while teaching. He'd someday like to be an English professor, but isn't really sure he can manage it.
His interests include video games, numerous internet phenomena (especially and including the tendency of liberating so many from the shackles of courtesy and common sense). One of his claims to fame is the posession of every video game system released since the NES, and a large complement of games. Yes, even a Virtual Boy, though he still has posession of his retinas too. The walls of his room are almost utterly covered in books, and his laptop's harddrive is packed with more. This gives him the distinct and possibly misguided impression that he may be able to passionately and accurately comment on matters of literature, at least within his own meandering and eccentric pattern of reading.
These are simply musings, and will be acted upon in a fairly regular fashion and as it strikes my fancy. I despise creating stubs (not others doing it, just when I do it), and so will endeavor to create pieces which, while possibly not utterly complete, are comprehensive enough to qualify as encyclopedic introductions to the topic in question. My current efforts, in no specific order, are:
- Some branching articles from Discordianism.
- Add article on Absurdism
- Improve article on global warming
- Add article on Norah Jones
- Add article on Vincent van Gogh
- *(Potentially with specific branch to a whole article on Starry Night, or at least a subsection? Maybe not maintainable, but Starry Night has been subject of so many pop culture references these days, and is one of the most recognizeable prints in the world. Thoughts from anyone? Don't hesitate to comment on my discussion page.)
Articles I'm responsible for originating
- Discordianism, which I consider to be a complete version appropriate for approval when a Religion editor has time.
Articles I'm working on
- The new version of Scientology (Doctrine) which I am going to implement soon. For the original, the content of which I plan to integrate once the new version is in place, see this page.
What finally made me leave Wikipedia
I used to edit fairly regularly at Wikipedia, and had for a while. However, one day, I simply up and quit. The reason for this is analogous to Wonko the Sane's experience, in Douglas Adams' "So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish". Wonko, upon seeing that mankind had so degenerated to the point where it needed to put instructions on packets of toothpicks, built an asylum to put it in, knowing it to have gone mad.
I went to the Global Warming page on Wikipedia, and read the entire "talk" archive, then noted the "controversy" template. Then I meandered through all of the controversial pages that, in truth, had no ready facts to -render- them controversial. I kind of got tired of that relentless assault on the meaning of meaning and the sense of sense, so, here I am, hoping (and kind of knowing) that this project will turn out better.
About My Recent Absence
I have recently become quite ill for a bit, work, stress, school, you know? I am feeling much better, and look forward to continuing my contributions to the Citizendium. This place is going to be incredible upon its completion, and I cannot wait to see it grow. Peace, and anyone who wishes to collaborate with me on a project, just leave a message on the talk page!