Trent Bridge

From Citizendium
Revision as of 20:41, 18 September 2019 by John Leach (Talk | contribs) (two new pages per day)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Trent Bridge is an international cricket ground in West Bridgford, Nottingham. It was opened by William Clarke in July 1840 on land adjacent to the Trent Bridge Inn which was owned by himself and his wife. It immediately superseded the Forest Racecourse as the home venue for county matches played by Nottinghamshire and became a regular Test venue from 1899.

Notes