Outer space/Related Articles
< Outer space
Revision as of 01:56, 1 September 2009 by Milton Beychok (Formatted and added links (some from robot))
- See also changes related to Outer space, or pages that link to Outer space or to this page or whose text .
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Military : The standing armed forces of a country, that are directed by the national government and are tasked with that nation's defense.
- Law : Body of rules of conduct of binding legal force and effect, prescribed, recognized, and enforced by a controlling authority.
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Atmosphere : The layers of gas surrounding stars and planets.
- Atmospheric reentry : The movement of human-made or natural objects as they enter the atmosphere of a planet from outer space, in the case of Earth from an altitude above the 'edge of space.'
- Ballistic missile : A guided missile which, once its engines stop firing, follows a generally parabolic path to its target, defined by momentum, aerodynamic resistance, and gravity
- Earth's atmosphere : An envelope of gas that surrounds the Earth and extends from the Earth's surface out thousands of kilometres, becoming increasingly thinner (less dense) with distance but always held in place by Earth's gravitational pull.
- Project Apollo : A human spaceflight program undertaken by NASA during the years 1961–1975 with the goal of conducting manned moon landing missions.
- Rocket science : Variously an incorrect name for various engineering disciplines in dealing with unguided rockets or the rocket engines of more intelligent vehicles, or an ironic description of something very complex or very simple (i.e., "this isn't rocket science")
- Satellite orbits : The path of a celestial body or an artificial satellite as it revolves around another body.
- Space Race : A competition of space exploration between the United States and Soviet Union, which lasted roughly from 1957 to 1975.
- Space law : Area of the law that encompasses national and international law governing activities in outer space, developed since the first launching (1957) by humans of a satellite into space.
- Suborbital : A vehicle that flies through a trajectory that takes it into outer space, but does not achieve orbit or Earth escape velocity