Millennium Challenge Act/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Millennium Challenge Act, or pages that link to Millennium Challenge Act or to this page or whose text .
- Millennium Development Goals : A set of measurable objectives, adopted by the United Nations, for the reduction of global poverty and other world problems
- International economics : The study of the patterns and consequences of transactions and interactions between the inhabitants of different countries, including trade, investment and migration.
- Foreign assistance : Add brief definition or description
- Democracy promotion : Policies, assistance, external organizations and even military action that contribute to the formation of democratic societies in previously authoritarian states; the means for funding such action
- Poverty elimination : A program of international organizations and industrialized states, to eliminate poverty as a significant element of Highly Indebted Poor Countries, weak states, and failed states
- Agency for International Development : U.S. government agency responsible for nonmilitary foreign aid of goods, services, and certain finances, although it does not operate at the highest levels of international finance. May operate assistance and development programs in foreign countries
- World Bank : Collective name for the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and its affiliates: the International Finance Corporation, organized in 1950 to provide long-term project financing to developing countries; and the International Development Association, formed in 1960 to make long-term loans at low interest rates.
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development : A division of the World Bank, which makes loans to medium-income country and produces world statistics on income
- International Development Association : Complementing the World Bank's International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), this organization, established in 1960, makes interest-free loans and grants to the world's poorest countries, as part of poverty elimination