Football (general)/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Football (general), or pages that link to Football (general) or to this page or whose text .
- Sport : Activity that involves skill and physical exertion, and is governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.
- American football : A high-contact sport played by two teams of 11 players on a 100-yard field that originated in the United States of America.
- Football (soccer) : A sport in which two teams, each consisting of 11 players, compete to move a spherical ball around the playing field and into their opponents' goal; with the exception of the goalkeeper, players may not use their hands or arms to control the ball.
- Australian rules football : A form of football involving two teams of eighteen players on an oval-shaped field. Players can kick or handle the ball.
- Canadian football : A variant of American football that is played on a field that is wider and longer and with 12 players on a side.
- Gaelic football : An outdoor sport played by two teams of 15 players a side. It is a form of football using a round ball which the players may both handle and kick, with the object of kicking or punching the ball into the goal.
- Rugby league : A form of rugby football played in teams of thirteen. It began in 1895 as a breakaway sport from rugby union on the issue of professionalism.
- Rugby union : The original form of rugby football played in teams of fifteen. It was strictly amateur until 1995 when it opened up to professionalism.