Directed energy weapon/Related Articles
< Directed energy weapon
- See also changes related to Directed energy weapon, or pages that link to Directed energy weapon or to this page or whose text .
- Laser : Device that produces a very narrow, highly concentrated beam of coherent light, using the principle of amplification of electromagnetic waves by stimulated emission of radiation.
- ABL-1 (airborne laser) : Add brief definition or description
- Laser Avenger : Add brief definition or description
- Tactical High Energy Laser : Add brief definition or description
- W71 (nuclear weapon) : A 5MT anti-ballistic missile warhead of the early 1970s, intended to destroy targets in space with bursts of X-rays and a precursor of future directed energy weapons
- Electromagnetic pulse : An intense burst of electromagnetic (EM) energy caused by an abrupt, rapid acceleration of charged particles, usually electrons.
- Laser designator : A device that puts a distinctive, usually invisible, pattern of laser energy on an object, for purposes such as designating the target of a laser-guided bomb
- Anti-ballistic missile : A guided missile that is capable of destroying a ballistic missile, usually by "hit-to-kill" physical collision during boost phase, midcourse, or terminal phase of the target's trajectory
- Ballistic missile defense : A combination of sensors, command and control systems, and missile/warhead kill mechanisms that protect a region, or, in the case of the U.S., theaters of operations as well as the nation proper.