Column (botany)/Related Articles
< Column (botany)
Revision as of 20:33, 11 January 2010 by Housekeeping Bot (Automated edit: Adding CZ:Workgroups to Category:Bot-created Related Articles subpages)
- See also changes related to Column (botany), or pages that link to Column (botany) or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Column (botany). Needs checking by a human.
- Aspasia (orchid) : Is an orchid genus formed by seven species spread from Costa Rica to South Brazil and closely related to the genus Miltonia.
- Bird : The class of animals (aves) that can be distinguished from all other living animals by the presence of feathers.
- Isabelia : Is an orchid genus formed by three tiny species spread from Northeast of Brazil to Argentina, two species previously classified under genera Neolaucea and Sophronitella, which are closely related to the genera Constantia.
- Loefgrenianthus : A monotypic genus of orchids from Southeast and Southern Brazil closely related to Leptotes.
- Miltonia : An orchid genus formed by nine showy epiphyte species and seven natural hybrids of Brazil, one species reaching Argentina and Paraguay.
- Orchid : Any plant classified under Orchidaceae, one of the largest plant families and the largest among Monocotyledons.
- Phymatochilum : Is an orchid genus formed by only one species, Phymatochilum brasiliense, inhabitant of Serra do Mar mountains in Brazilian southeast and northeast, which vegetatively resembles Oncidium species, however, is more closely related to the genus Miltonia.
- Pollination : Process by which pollen is transferred in plants from the male reproductive organ (stamen or staminate cone) to the female reproductive organ (pistil or pistillate cone), thereby enabling fertilisation and sexual reproduction.
- Scaphyglottis : Is an orchid genus formed by almost seventy species of tropical New World characterized by the habit of shooting new pseudobulbs both from the apex and the base of older ones and by its generally dull colored small flowers that bloom several times on previous years pseudobulbs.
- Scuticaria : A genus of orchids, closely related to Bifrenaria, formed by nine showy species of cylindrical leaves, which exist in three isolated areas of South America.