Difference between revisions of "Changu Narayan"

From Citizendium
Jump to: navigation, search
(bsd)
m (Add {{subpages}} and remove any categories (details))
 
(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
{{speedydelete|Big Speedydelete|[[User:James F. Perry|James F. Perry]] 18:41, 17 February 2007 (CST)}}
+
{{subpages}}
  
 
'''Changu Narayan''' is a temple near the Changu village in the [[Kathmandu valley]], [[Nepal]], about 22 km from [[Katmandu]]. The temple is dedicated to [[Narayan]], one of the incarnations of the [[Hindu]] god [[Vishnu]]. The temple was built in 1702, after a fire destroyed the old temple that stood there. The hilltop site was used as a temple site from about the 4th or 5th century, as attested by some of the statues around it and an inscription from the 5th century.
 
'''Changu Narayan''' is a temple near the Changu village in the [[Kathmandu valley]], [[Nepal]], about 22 km from [[Katmandu]]. The temple is dedicated to [[Narayan]], one of the incarnations of the [[Hindu]] god [[Vishnu]]. The temple was built in 1702, after a fire destroyed the old temple that stood there. The hilltop site was used as a temple site from about the 4th or 5th century, as attested by some of the statues around it and an inscription from the 5th century.
 
[[Category:CZ Live]]
 
[[Category:Temples in Nepal]]
 
[[Category:Nepalese culture]]
 
[[Category:Newar]]
 

Latest revision as of 10:04, 26 September 2007

This article is a stub and thus not approved.
Main Article
Discussion
Related Articles  [?]
Bibliography  [?]
External Links  [?]
Citable Version  [?]
 
This editable Main Article is under development and subject to a disclaimer.

Changu Narayan is a temple near the Changu village in the Kathmandu valley, Nepal, about 22 km from Katmandu. The temple is dedicated to Narayan, one of the incarnations of the Hindu god Vishnu. The temple was built in 1702, after a fire destroyed the old temple that stood there. The hilltop site was used as a temple site from about the 4th or 5th century, as attested by some of the statues around it and an inscription from the 5th century.