Central Bureau, Southwest Pacific Area/Related Articles
< Central Bureau, Southwest Pacific Area
Revision as of 00:44, 7 September 2010 by Howard C. Berkowitz (Southwest Pacific Area Central Bureau/Related Articles moved to Central Bureau, Southwest Pacific Area/Related Articles)
- See also changes related to Central Bureau, Southwest Pacific Area, or pages that link to Central Bureau, Southwest Pacific Area or to this page or whose text .
- Signals intelligence : the practice of acquiring information through monitoring the electromagnetic signals deliberately trasmitted by an opponent, including communications (COMINT) and non-communications electronics such as radar (ELINT).
- Communications intelligence : The subset of SIGINT concerned with signals intended to be intelligible to human beings, in the form of voice, messages, or images.
- Signals intelligence in the Second World War : Signals intelligence technology and history from 1939 to 1945
- World War Two in the Pacific : The part of World War II (1937-45) fought in Asia and the Pacific Ocean between Japan and the U.S., China, Britain, Australia, and other Allies.
- S.B. Akin : Add brief definition or description
- Cryptanalysis : The sub-field of cryptology which deals with breaking into existing codes and ciphers.
- Direction finding : Finding the location of an electromagnetic emitter, either by the crossed bearings from directional antennas from various known points, or by time of arrival or time difference of arrival of the signal at those points
- Traffic analysis : Traffic analysis is a branch of signals intelligence, inferring useful information from messages without actually reading them.
- Charles Willoughby : Major General, U.S. Army, who was the chief of intelligence (i.e., G-2) for Douglas MacArthur during the Second World War, Japanese Occupation and Korean War
- Allied Geographic Service, Southwest Pacific Area : Add brief definition or description provided topographic information on this little-mapped theate which produced maps and geographical data about the SWPA
- Allied Translator and Interpreter Service, Southwest Pacific Area : Add brief definition or description(ATIS) which interpreted millions of captured documents, intercepted messages and interrogated thousands of Japanese POW's
- Allied Intelligence Bureau, Southwest Pacific Area : Add brief definition or description for human intelligence; MacArthur had banned the Office of Strategic Services
- 1st Reconnaissance Battalion (Special) : Add brief definition or description
- Australian Coast Watching Service : Add brief definition or description
- Section 22, General Headquarters, Southwest Pacific Area : Add brief definition or description also under Akin but including Navy and Marine Corps, with an electronic intelligence mission against Japanese radar