(Redirected from Vector)
Vector may refer to:
- Vector (epidemiology): The means by which a cause of morbidity or mortality propagates, such as insects, contaminated water, etc.
- Vector (immunology): A virus used to transfer genetic material for medical purposes
- Attack vector (computers): The means by which malware enters a computer, as opposed to the methods by which it takes unauthorized actions inside that computer
- Vector (mathematics): A mathematical object with magnitude and direction.
- Vector (military): Closely related to vector (navigation) use; the path and speed needed for a projectile or combat vehicle to intercept a target
- Vector (navigation): A course and speed to be followed, to reach a desired reference point from the curret position and speed
- Vector (virology): An organism that acts as natural host reservoir of a virus (biology)
- Vector space: A set of vectors that can be added together or scalar multiplied to form new vectors