- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
Blogs & Websites
- Dokdo – Takeshima.com - by Steven J. Barber from a pro-Korean point of view
- Selected Research on Dokdo Island by Mark S. Lovmo from a pro-Korean point of view
- Dokdo-or-Takeshima? - by Gerry Bevers from a pro-Japanese point of view
News & Magazines
- Japan, South Korea defuse standoff over disputed waters - an article from the Associated Press published by the USAToday on 2006-04-22.
- Rocky Relations - an article from the TIME Magazine, published on 2006-05-01.
- On Plastic Bags, an Old and Distant Dispute By Kareem Fahim, Published by the New York Times on 2009-03-20.
- Korea’s Emotional Diplomacy By David C. Kang, Published by the University of Southern California on 2009-06-27.
Journals & Studies
- Economic Dependence and the Dokdo/Takeshima Dispute Between South Korea and Japan - an article from the Harvard Asia Quarterly's (Volume IX, No. 4. Fall 2005).
- North East Asia's Undercurrents of Conflict - from the International Crisis Group, published on December 15, 2005.
- A Study on the Legitimacy of the Peace Line - by Professor Yuji Hosaka at Sejong University (2008).
- Who Owns Tok-Do/Takeshima? Should These Islets Affect the Maritime Boundary Between Japan and Korea? - a study from the Korea-America Joint Marine Policy Research Center at the University of Rhode Island, published on 2004-10-08.
- Tokdo or Takeshima? The International Law of Territorial Acquisition in the Japan-Korea Island Dispute - an article from the Stanford Journal of East Asian Affairs (Volume V, No. 1. Winter 2005).
- East Asia’s Troubled Waters – Part II - an article from the Yale Global Online, published on 2006-04-27.
- Dokdo Island Dispute: Korean Reconstruction of History and National Identity in User-Created Content Media - a paper for Digital Memories Conference, 17-19 March, 2009, Salzburg.
- Dokdo - a cumulative portal about Dokdo, includes travel information.
- Dokdo Museum - the homepage of the Dokdo Museum, includes travel information & research publications.
- The Issue of Takeshima - information about the territorial dispute between Japan and South Korea, published by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.