World War II, air war, Mediterranean and European tactical operations/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to World War II, air war, Mediterranean and European tactical operations, or pages that link to World War II, air war, Mediterranean and European tactical operations or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/World War II, air war, Mediterranean and European tactical operations. Needs checking by a human.
- Anti-aircraft artillery : A general term for guns that can elevate to high angles and shoot accurately at aircraft, using visual, electro-optical, or radar guidance.
- Anti-shipping missile : An air, surface (sea or land), or submarine-launched missile that can track and intercept a maneuvering ship target against the background of moving water
- Ballistic missile : A guided missile which, once its engines stop firing, follows a generally parabolic path to its target, defined by momentum, aerodynamic resistance, and gravity
- Battlefield air interdiction : Air warfare intended to support ground troops, not by direct firepower but interfering with enemy supplies, reinforcements and communications
- Bomber aircraft : Airplanes optimized to deliver weapons to surface targets, rather than to fight other airplanes.
- Integrated air defense system : An air defense that combines radar, anti-aircraft artillery, surface-to-air missiles, and fighter aircraft, presenting multiple layers of defense under systematic command and control
- Offensive counter-air : Air operations intended to damage or destroy enemy aircraft and missile capabilities, both by attacking ground facilities and engaging aircraft close to their bases
- Operation MARKET-GARDEN : A combined paratroop and armor operation, by Allied forces in September 1944, to seize bridges over the Maas, Waal and Rhine Rivers in [the Netherlands]]; generally considered a failure
- Paratroop : A subset of air assault military forces, which arrive at a tactical objective by deliberately parachuting from aircraft
- V-2 : World's first operational ballistic missile, developed by Nazi Germany: (Vergeltungswaffe 2).
- World War II, air war, European Theater strategic operations : Strategic bombing and offensive counter-air in the European theater of WWII, both initiated by the Axis and the Allies
- World War II, air war, German European offensive : Air operations in Europe, from the invasion of Poland to the Normandy invasions, separate from articles on World War II, air war, European Theater strategic operations and on World War II, air war, Mediterranean and European tactical operations
- World War II, air war : Air operations in the Second World War