William Howard Taft/Bibliography
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Anderson, Donald F. William Howard Taft: A Conservative's Conception of the Presidency (1973)
- Anderson, Judith Icke. William Howard Taft: An Intimate History (1981).
- Anthony, Carl Sferrazza. Nellie Taft : The Unconventional First Lady of the Ragtime Era (2005)
- Bromley, Michael L. William Howard Taft and the First Motoring Presidency (2003)
- Burton, David H. Taft, Holmes, and the 1920s Court: An Appraisal (1998) online edition
- Burton, David H., Taft, Roosevelt, and the Limits of Friendship (2005)
- Burton, David H. William Howard Taft, Confident Peacemaker (2005)
- Chace, James. 1912: Wilson, Roosevelt, Taft and Debs -The Election that Changed the Country (2004)
- Coletta, Paolo Enrico. The Presidency of William Howard Taft (1973), standard survey
- Conner Valerie. The National War Labor Board' '(1983)
- Duffy, Herbert S. William Howard Taft (1930)
- Friedman, Leon, ed. The Justices of the United States Supreme Court: Their Lives and Major Opinions. Vol 3,
- Gould, Lewis L. Four Hats in the Ring: The 1912 Election and the Birth of Modern American Politics (2008) by a leading scholar excerpt and text search
- Hechler, Kenneth S. Insurgency: Personalities and Politics of the Taft Era 1940.
- Korzi, Michael J. Our chief magistrate and his powers: a reconsideration of William Howard Taft's "Whig" theory of presidential leadership (2003)
- Manners, William. TR and Will: A Friendship that Split the Republican Party 1969.
- Minger Ralph E. William Howard Taft and United States Diplomacy: The Apprenticeship Years. 1900-1908 (1975)
- Mowry George E. The Era of Theodore Roosevelt (1958) scholarly survey of era online edition
- Pringle, Henry F. The Life and Times of William Howard Taft: A Biography 2 vol (1939); Pulitzer prize; the standard biography vol 1 online
- Renstrom, Peter G. The Taft Court: Justices, Rulings and Legacy ABC-CLIO, 2003
- Scholes, Walter V. and Marie V. Scholes. The Foreign Policies of the Taft Administration 1970.
- Stanley D. Solvick. "William Howard Taft and the Payne-Aldrich Tariff," The Mississippi Valley Historical Review, Vol. 50, No. 3. (Dec., 1963), pp. 424-442. in JSTOR
- Wilensky, Norman N. Conservatives in the Progressive Era: The Taft Republicans of 1912 (1965).
- Butt, Archie. Taft and Roosevelt: The Intimate Letters of Archie Butt (1930) online edition Butt was a top aide to both presidents
- Taft, William Howard
- Liberty Under Law Yale University Press, 1922.
- Popular Government Yale University Press, 1913.
- Present Day Problems
- The Anti-Trust Act and the Supreme Court Harper and Row, 1914.
- The Collected Works of William Howard Taft. Edited by David H. Burton. Ohio University Press, 2001-. 6 of 8 volumes have appeared.
- The President and His Powers. Columbia University Press, 1924.
- Taft, Mrs. William Howard, Recollections of Full Years (1914)