War of 1812/Bibliography
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Benn, Carl. The War of 1812 2002, British perspective online version
- Berton, Pierre; The Invasion of Canada: 1812-1813 (1980); Flames Across the Border: 1813-1814 (1981). popular Canadian narrative
- Borneman, Walter R. 1812: The War That Forged a Nation (2004), popular
- Burroughs, Peter. "Prevost, Sir George," Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online online version
- Burt, Alfred L. The United States, Great Britain, and British North America from the Revolution to the Establishment of Peace after the War of 1812. (1940), detailed history by Canadian scholar; online
- Egan, Clifford L. "The Origins of the War of 1812: Three Decades of Historical Writing," Military Affairs, Vol. 38, No. 2 (Apr., 1974), pp. 72-75. short article on historiography in JSTOR
- Engelman, Fred L. The Peace of Christmas Eve (1962), popular account; online excerpt from American Heritage Magazine (Dec 1960) v 12#1
- Heidler, Donald & Jeanne T. Heidler (eds) Encyclopedia of the War of 1812 (2nd ed 2004) 636pp; most comprehensive guide; 500 entries by 70 scholars from several countries
- Heidler, David S. and Heidler, Jeanne T. The War of 1812. Greenwood, 2002. 217 pp.
- Herbert C. W. Goltz, "Tecumseh" Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online online version
- Hickey, Donald R. Don't Give Up the Ship! Myths of the War of 1812. (2006)
- Hickey, Donald R. The War of 1812: A Forgotten Conflict. (1990), standard scholarly history
- Hitsman, J. M. The Incredible War of 1812 (1965), survey by Canadian scholar
- Langguth, A. J. Union 1812: The Americans Who Fought the Second War of Independence (2006) 495pp, popular history
- Latimer, Jon. 1812: War with America (2007), 656pp; British perspective.
- Malcomson, Robert. Historical Dictionary of the War of 1812. Scarecrow, 2006. 699 pp.
- Quimby, Robert S., The US Army in the War of 1812: an operational and command study (1997) online version
- Remini, Robert V. Andrew Jackson and the Course of American Empire, 1767-1821 (1977)
- C.P. Stacey. "Brock, Sir Isaac," Dictionary of Canadian Biography Online online version
- Taylor, George Rogers, ed. The War of 1812: Past Justifications and Present Interpretations (1963), selections from historians and primary sources online edition