User talk:Caesar Schinas
|Current Talk Page|
|Archives||1, 2, 3|
You've been Nominated!
Someone has nominated you for a position in the new Citizendium. They have noticed you're dedication to the project and like what they see. To be listed on the ballot for the position, it is necessary that you accept the nomination on the [[CZ:Nomination page|Nomination page]. Just place accept next to your name along with the four tildes. The nomination period will close at midnight October 7 (UTC). Article 54 of the new charter details the requirements:
- In conjunction with the Declaration of the Editor-in-Chief regarding the effectivity of this Charter, there shall be a call for nominations for the following offices: Managament Council (five seats), Editorial Council (seven seats), Managing Editor (one), Ombudsman (one). This shall be the effective date of the Charter.
- Any Citizen may nominate candidates for these positions.
- Nominations shall be collected and collated by the Chief Constable.
- Nominations shall be accepted no more than fourteen days after the effective date of the charter; the ballot shall be available starting on the twentieth day after the effective date of the charter; the election shall be completed no more than twenty-eight days after the effective date of the charter; all elected officials shall begin their term of office on the thirtieth day after the effective date of the charter.
- Only candidates who accept their nomination shall be eligible to appear on the ballot. Nominated candidates can accept nominations for no more than two official functions. Accepting a nomination serves as a declaration of commitment, in the case of being elected, to fulfill this function until the limit of the term.
- All positions shall be elected by a simple majority of the voting citizenry. In the case of a tie, an immediate run-off election shall be held.
- In the event that a candidate has been elected for two functions, the candidate shall declare which one he or she accepts within three days of announcement of the election results. In the event that such a declaration has not been made during this period, the candidate shall be considered elected for the position for which the nomination was accepted first. The same procedure applies to a reserve member that becomes elected by a seat being vacated this way.
If you would like to make a statement to help voters, click the "Statement" link to the right of your name.
Thanks again for the commitment you're making to assure that Citizendium becomes the premier quality online source we all have envisioned.
D. Matt Innis 13:21, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- I am honoured to have been nominated, but due to lifestyle and time constraints I feel unable to commit sufficient time to be a worthwhile member of the management council. I am therefore forced to respectfully decline the position, and hope that someone better suited will be able to fill it.
- Caesar Schinas 14:38, 11 October 2010 (UTC)
- It's still good to see your name pop up ;-) D. Matt Innis 16:03, 11 October 2010 (UTC)