Jump to navigation Jump to search
I am an editor in the Computers Workgroup. My interests are broad, but my specialties are cryptography and network security.
- BA in Psychology from Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada in 1969
- Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language from Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada in 1977
- Some work toward an M Phil in computational linguistics at the University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, but did not complete that degree.
- Key-Dependent S-Box Manipulations, Sandy Harris and Carlisle Adams, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 1999, Volume 1556/1999, 631-632, DOI: 10.1007/3-540-48892-8_2.
- Exploring Cipherspace: Combining stream ciphers and block ciphers, Sandy Harris, November 2008. On the e-print website of the International Association for Cryptologic Research.
- The Eris hybrid cipher, Sandy Harris, February 2010, On the e-print website of the International Association for Cryptologic Research.
Work and other experience:
- I976 - 1983: Teaching English in Canada, Iran, Singapore & Saudi Arabia
- 1984 - 2002: Computer industry in Canada, mostly training at first, later mainly technical writing. A bit of almost everything else as well.
- 2002 - 2010: Teaching English & computer subjects in China
- 2010 - 2012: Technical editor in the Computer Science & Engineering Department at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. My main work was editing papers that were about to be submitted to international journals or conferences. Authors ranged from undergrad to faculty, with PhD candidates predominating.
- Since joining Citizendium in 2007, I have been the main or only writer of many articles. See User:Sandy_Harris/Articles for a list.