United States Forces-Afghanistan/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to United States Forces-Afghanistan, or pages that link to United States Forces-Afghanistan or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/United States Forces-Afghanistan. Needs checking by a human.
- Afghan Security Forces : Military, police and intelligence forces under the command of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, as well as cooperating traditional local units
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Council on Foreign Relations : An influential "think tank", publisher, and facilitator of communications in international relations; based in the US but with an international membership and not associated with a specific ideology
- Karl Eikenberry : U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan as of 29 April 2009, having retired as a lieutenant general, United States Army, and deputy head of the NATO Military Committee on the 28th
- Stanley McChrystal : General, United States Army; senior Western military officer in Afghanistan, commanding the International Security Assistance Force and United States Forces-Afghanistan; professional background in special operations including heading the Joint Special Operations Command and 75th Ranger Regiment; previously Military Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations
- War on terror : A major policy of the George W. Bush Administration, defining global terrorism, as opposed to nation-states as in the Cold War, as the focal point of national security policy