From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Turkey: A secular Islamic republic (population 71.9 million; capital Ankara) extending from Eastern Thrace in Europe across the peninsula of Asia Minor; meets the Black Sea to the north, the Aegean to the west and the Mediterranean to the south; has land borders with Greece and Bulgaria in Europe, and Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Iraq and Syria.
- Turkey (bird): The name for either of two large North American birds in the genus Meleagris.
- Domestic turkey: Domesticated fowl raised for food.
- Wild turkey: "Description of the North American Wild Turkey (Meleagris gallopavo)."
- The name for other, unrelated bird that bears some resemblance to the North American turkey:
- Bush turkey: Add brief definition or description
- A turkey is also a slang term for a poor, badly-executed or ill thought out plan, creation or idea.