Trade union/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Trade union: A modern organization of workers, arising in the second half of the 19th century and representing workers in a single occupation (e.g. steelworkers, miners or teachers) or a broader class of workers (e.g. office workers).
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Labour (economics) : The application of human activity to the production of goods and services.
- AFL-CIO : Single union formed in 1955 from a merger between the American Federation of Labor (AFL) and the Congress of Industrial Organizations (CIO).
- Air Line Pilots Association : Add brief definition or description
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees : Add brief definition or description
- Communications Workers of America : Add brief definition or description
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers : Add brief definition or description
- Service Employees International Union : Add brief definition or description
- Teamsters Union : Add brief definition or description
- United Steelworkers : Diversified U.S. trade union, formally the United Steel, Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial and Service Workers International Union
- Jewish Labor Committee : Independent U.S. secular organization that encourages interaction between the Jewish community and organized labor
- Labour Party (UK) : Political party in the United Kingdom, founded at the start of the 20th century, and has been seen since 1920 as the principal party of the Left.
- Labor Party (Israel) : Center-left political party of the State of Israel, headed by Ehud Barak