Three Teachings/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Three Teachings: (Chinese 三教; pinyin sānjiào; Wade-Giles san chiao) Collective term for Confucianism, Daoism, and Buddhism.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Chinese philosophy : Add brief definition or description
- Chinese religions : Add brief definition or description
- Buddhism : Spiritual tradition founded on the teachings of the Buddha.
- Confucianism : Add brief definition or description
- Daoism : (Also Taoism) Philosophical and religious tradition originating in China between 6th and 2nd centuries BCE; as a philosophy, advocates harmony with the cosmic principle called the Way (the Dao); as a religion, offers longevity or immortality by means of virtuous action, ascetic practices, and medicines.