Thermobaric explosives/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Thermobaric explosives, or pages that link to Thermobaric explosives or to this page or whose text .
- Explosives : Explosive agent; a compound or mixture susceptible of a rapid chemical reaction, as gunpowder, or nitroglycerin.
- BLU-118 : Thermobaric explosive warhead filler in a BLU-109 2000-pound hard target penetrator case
- BLU-121 : 2000-pound class thermobaric explosives warhead hard target penetrator, successor to BLU-118 with improved CS-1c steel hardened case allowing bomb to "skip" over ground and a new AFX-757 explosive
- Hard target penetrator : A bomb or warhead intended to penetrate rock, concrete or armor before exploding
- Afghanistan War (2001-) : Beginning on October 7, 2001, in response to the 9-11 attacks, military operations against the Taliban and al-Qaeda by United States and NATO forces
- Counterproliferation : The set of activities that detect and monitor the threat of weapons of special concern against one's own nation and one's allies.
- AGM-130 : An air-to-surface missile derived from the GBU-15 guided bomb, using television or imaging infrared electro-optical guidance through an AN/AXQ-14 data link
- GBU-15 : 2000-pound electro-optical guided bomb with television or imaging infrared, fire-and-forget or man-in-the-loop guidance via AN/AXQ-14 data link; may use Mark 84, BLU-109 or BLU-118 warhead; the AGM-130 is an air-to-surface missile derivative
- PAVEWAY laser guidance : Four-generation series of U.S. laser-guided bomb guidance kits
- Joint Direct Attack Munition : An add-on guidance kit that converts a standard Mark 8x "dumb bomb", or ballistic equivalent, into a precision-guided munition, using inertial navigation enhanced with GPS satellite navigation