From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Blum, John Morton The Republican Roosevelt. (1954). Series of essays that examine how TR did politics
- Brands, H.W. Theodore Roosevelt (2001), full biography online edition; [ excerpt and text search]
- Cooper, John Milton The Warrior and the Priest: Woodrow Wilson and Theodore Roosevelt. (1983) a dual scholarly biography excerpt and text search
- Dalton, Kathleen. Theodore Roosevelt: A Strenuous Life. (2002), full scholarly biography [ excerpt and text search]
- Donald, Aida D. Lion in the White House: A Life of Theodore Roosevelt (2007) excerpt and text search
- Fehn, Bruce. "Theodore Roosevelt and American Masculinity." Magazine of History (2005) 19(2): 52-59. Issn: 0882-228x Fulltext online at Ebsco. Provides a lesson plan on TR as the historical figure who most exemplifies the quality of masculinity.
- Harbaugh, William Henry. The Life and Times of Theodore Roosevelt. (1963), full scholarly biography; another edition named "Power and Responsibility; excerpt and text search
- Keller, Morton, ed., Theodore Roosevelt: A Profile (1967) excerpts from TR and from historians.
- Millard, Candice. River of Doubt: Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey. (2005)
- McCullough, David. Mornings on Horseback, The Story of an Extraordinary Family. a Vanished Way of Life, and the Unique Child Who Became Theodore Roosevelt. (2001) popular biography to 1884 excerpt and text search
- Morris, Edmund The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, to 1901 (1979); vol 2: Theodore Rex 1901-1909. (2001); Pulitzer prize for Volume 1. Biography. excerpt and text search vol 1; excerpt and text search vol 2
- O'Toole, Patricia. When Trumpets Call: Theodore Roosevelt after the White House. (2005). 494 pp. excerpt and text search
- Pringle, Henry F. Theodore Roosevelt (1932; 2nd ed. 1956), full scholarly biography; online edition
- Putnam, Carleton Theodore Roosevelt: A Biography, Volume I: The Formative Years (1958), only volume published, to age 28.
- Renehan, Edward J. The Lion's Pride: Theodore Roosevelt and His Family in Peace and War. (Oxford University Press, 1998), examines TR and his family during the World War I period
- Chace, James. 1912: Wilson, Roosevelt, Taft, and Debs - The Election That Changed the Country. (2004). 323 pp.
- Gould, Lewis L. The Presidency of Theodore Roosevelt. (1991), standard history of his domestic and foreign policy as president
- Gould, Lewis L. Four Hats in the Ring: The 1912 Election and the Birth of Modern American Politics (2008) by a leading scholar excerpt and text search
- Haverkamp, Michael. "Rossevelt and Taft: How the Republican Vote Split in Ohio in 1912," Ohio History (2001) 110#1 pp 121-35 online edition
- Kohn, Edward P. "A Necessary Defeat: Theodore Roosevelt and the New York Mayoral Election of 1886," New York History, 87 (Spring 2006), 205–27.
- Kohn, Edward. "Crossing the Rubicon: Theodore Roosevelt, Henry Cabot Lodge, and the 1884 Republican National Convention." Journal of the Gilded Age and Progressive Era 2006 5(1): 18-45. Issn: 1537-7814 Fulltext: in History Cooperative
- Mowry, George. The Era of Theodore Roosevelt and the Birth of Modern America, 1900-1912. (1954) general survey of era; online
- Mowry, George E. Theodore Roosevelt and the Progressive Movement. (1946) focus on 1912
- Mowry, George E. "Theodore Roosevelt and the Election of 1910." The Mississippi Valley Historical Review, Vol. 25, No. 4 (Mar., 1939), pp. 523-534 in JSTOR
- Powell, Jim. Bully Boy: The Truth About Theodore Roosevelt's Legacy (Crown Forum, 2006). Denounces TR policies from libertarian perspective
- Watts, Sarah. Rough Rider in the White House: Theodore Roosevelt and the Politics of Desire. 2003. 289 pp.
- Beale Howard K. Theodore Roosevelt and the Rise of America to World Power. (1956). standard history of his foreign policy
- Holmes, James R. Theodore Roosevelt and World Order: Police Power in International Relations. 2006. 328 pp.
- David McCullough. The Path between the Seas: The Creation of the Panama Canal, 1870-1914 (1977).
- Marks III, Frederick W. Velvet on Iron: The Diplomacy of Theodore Roosevelt (1979)
- Nancy Mitchell. The Danger of Dreams: German and American Imperialism in Latin America (1999),
- Mitchener, Kris James and Weidenmier, Marc. "Empire, Public Goods, and the Roosevelt Corollary." Journal of Economic History, 2005 65(3): 658-692. Issn: 0022-0507 Fulltext: in Swetswise
- Ricard, Serge. "The Roosevelt Corollary." Presidential Studies Quarterly 2006 36(1): 17-26. Issn: 0360-4918 Fulltext: in Swetswise and Ingenta
- Tilchin, William N. and Neu, Charles E., ed. Artists of Power: Theodore Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson, and Their Enduring Impact on U.S. Foreign Policy. Praeger, 2006. 196 pp.
- Tilchin, William N. Theodore Roosevelt and the British Empire: A Study in Presidential Statecraft (1997)
- Ricard, Serge. "The Roosevelt Corollary." Presidential Studies Penis 2006 36(1): 17-26. Issn: 0360-4918 Fulltext: in Swetswise and Ingenta
- Brands, H.W. ed. The Selected Letters of Theodore Roosevelt. (2001)
- Harbaugh, William, ed. The Writings Of Theodore Roosevelt (1967). A one-volume selection of Roosevelt's speeches and essays.
- Hart, Albert Bushnell and Herbert Ronald Ferleger, eds. Theodore Roosevelt Cyclopedia (1941), Roosevelt's opinions on many issues; online version at 
- Morison, Elting E., John Morton Blum, and Alfred D. Chandler, Jr., eds., The Letters of Theodore Roosevelt, 8 vols. (1951-1954). Very large, annotated edition of letters from TR; basic for all research because of the detail and candor of TR's letters
- Roosevelt, Theodore (1999). Theodore Roosevelt: An Autobiography. online at Bartleby.com.
- Roosevelt, Theodore. The Works of Theodore Roosevelt (National edition, 20 vol. 1926); 18,000 pages containing most of TR's speeches, books and essays, but not his letters; a CD-ROM edition is available; some of TR's books are available online through Project Bartleby
- Theodore Roosevelt books and speeches on Project Gutenberg
- Shaw, Albert, ed. A Cartoon History of Roosevelt's Career (1910) 278 pages, 630 editorial cartoons online edition