From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
|Party or group||Seats|
|Independent Group for Change||5|
|Government working majority||0|
- One Conservative MP acts as a Deputy Speaker, so does not vote.
- Two Labour MPs act as Deputy Speakers, so do not vote.
- Sinn Féin contests UK general elections but does not take the seats; therefore, its MPs do not vote or speak in the House of Commons.
- Formed during the lifetime of this Parliament by defectors from other parties.
- Only one of these was elected as an independent; the others have resigned or been expelled or suspended from their parties.
- Does not vote except to break a tie; the Speaker is not a member of any party.
- Seats awaiting the election of a new MP in a by-election or general election.
- Does not include the Speaker and Speaker's Deputies (who do not usually vote) or Sinn Féin (which does not take the seats).