Some spell-checking needed here!
Excellent precises (what's the plural of precis?). --Larry Sanger 15:32, 1 May 2008 (CDT)
- Thanks. Oh, and it's precis too (moose, deer, sheep and sometimes shrimp).-Derek Hodges 17:27, 1 May 2008 (CDT)
The list says it's going to follow the 1st folio order but doesn't. Troilus & Cressida is certainly out of order, & I haven't checked evreything. Also, the apocrypha section doesn't distinguish current from outdated scholarly opinions. Peter Jackson 12:12, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
1st fo tragedies order, I think: T & C, Cor, TA, R & J, Tim, JC, Mac, Ham, Lear, Oth, A & C, Cym Peter Jackson 18:02, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
Just corrected above. Peter Jackson 10:59, 30 October 2008 (UTC)
So R & J and T & C are the ones wrongly positioned. Also, including Pericles & 2 NK under comedies is arbitrary. Traditionally, P is listed under tragedies & 2 NK omitted. I think it would be more sensible to list them separately.
On authorship, I think the position is as follows:
- it is generally accepted that all the plays in the 1st folio are at least partly by him & most of them his sole work
- a minority of scholars believe they're all his sole work
- it's been generally accepted for a long time that Pericles is at least partly by him
- most scholars now accept 2 NK as by Fletcher & Shakespeare
- most scholars accept some material in Sir Thomas More as by Shakespeare
- many scholars accept Edward III as at least partly by him
Additional note: the 1st printings of the ist folio omitted T & C but it was quickly added.
Question: how do we put all this information together in a coherent form? Peter Jackson 11:08, 30 October 2008 (UTC)