From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Notes for editing
I don't want to take the time to make these edits readable, so I'm offering them here for me or anyone else to incorporate into the article:
- Mobile construction equipment needs extremely good traction, so it either has full continuous tracks, or large wheels with a very large tread. - Many pieces of equipment also have deployable outriggers to stabilize themselves.
- Drilling: pile drivers, mining and oil drills, post diggers, tunnel boring machines, pneumatic hammer - Pile driving isn't drilling. Pneumatic hammers are used for many things which aren't drilling, as well as for drilling.
- Construction equipment are medium to extremely large machines ... What is "medium"? Is this "construction equipment" or a tool?
- Hoisting: mobile cranes and tow trucks, overhead conveyors and elevators - "hoisting" seems the wrong word for this category - perhaps "material handling"?
- Compactors are earthmoving equipment as well as paving equipment; it may be better to combine the two categories. There are many "grading and paving" contractors, as the two types of work are very similar.
Anthony Argyriou 22:33, 15 June 2009 (UTC)