From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Restructuring of the United States Army : A major doctrinal and organization redesign of the United States Army, with its chief feature being moving from the division to the Brigade Combat Team and new supporting brigade structures as the basic Unit of Action
- Warfighter Information Network–Tactical : Deployed in several increments of increasing capability, this is the partially deplyed tactical communications system for the U.S. Army, which have far more bandwidth and is becoming a mobile "on the move" self-organizing network; sometimes called the "tactical internet" Through the Army Battle Command System, it interfaces to the Global Information Grid.
- Circuit switch : Add brief definition or description
- Mobile Subscriber Equipment : End user telephones and data access devices, at levels below division, by which U.S. military units connected to corps, echelons above corps, and national networks under the obsolescent TRI-TAC digital telephony architecture
- Router : A relay that forwards individual packets based on information in their header; typically an Internet Protocol header
- AN/TTC-39 : A tactical digital circuit switch, the core of the TRI-TAC architecture, but relatively large and hard to deploy; partially replaced by the AN/TTC-56 in the transition to routed rather than circuit-switched military communications