From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Apology of Socrates, by Plato. http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Apology
- Bruell, Christopher (1999). On the Socratic Education: An Introduction to the Shorter Platonic Dialogues. Lanham, MD: Rowman and Littlefield.
- Bruell, Christopher (1994), “On Plato’s Political Philosophy.” Review of Politics 56: 261-82.
- Project Gutenberg e-texts on Socrates, amongst others:
- The Dialogues of Plato
- The writings of Xenophon, such as the Memorablia and Hellenica.
- The satirical plays by Aristophanes
- Aristotle's writings
- Voltaire's Socrates
- The Second Story of Meno; a continuation of Socrates' dialogue with Meno in which the boy proves root 2 is irrational (by an anonymous author)
- A free audiobook of the Socratic dialogue Euthyphro at LibriVox
- An Introduction to Greek Philosophy, J. V. Luce, Thames & Hudson, NY, l992.
- Introduction to Philosophy, Jacques Maritain
- Greek Philosophers — Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle, C. C. W. Taylor, R. M. Hare, and Jonathan Barnes, Oxford University Press, NY, 1998.
- Taylor, C. C. W. (2001). Socrates: A very short introduction. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Richard Robinson, Plato's Earlier Dialectic, 2nd edition (Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1953). Ch. 2: Elenchus Ch. 3: Elenchus: Direct and Indirect