From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- : The organized social life of members of a national, regional or local community.
- In sociology: A large-scale structured system of human organization that furnishes identity, protection, continuity, and perhaps some form of security for its members.
- : The full set of an individual's associates or compatriots.
- In popular culture: The organized social life or social class of elite, prominent or celebrated persons.
- : A closely integrated group of social organisms of the same species exhibiting division of labor.
- Civil society: The space for social activity outside the market, state and household; the arena of uncoerced collective action around shared interests, purposes and values.