Signals intelligence collection, submarine-based/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Signals intelligence collection, submarine-based, or pages that link to Signals intelligence collection, submarine-based or to this page or whose text .
- Signals intelligence : the practice of acquiring information through monitoring the electromagnetic signals deliberately trasmitted by an opponent, including communications (COMINT) and non-communications electronics such as radar (ELINT).
- Submarine : A ship or boat that can travel underwater
- Radar warning receiver : allows detection of a radar that potentially might be able to sense the platform carrying the receiver, but does not give detailed characterization of the radar signal, as needed for electronic intelligence.
- : detects and categorizes an impinging signal to the level needed for radar identification and selecting countermeasures.
- : can receive arbitrary radio signals with sufficient detail to characterize the radio type, record communications for analysis, or plan countermeasures.
- Cable tap : Add brief definition or description
- Signals intelligence collection, aircraft-based : An aircraft or unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) that carries signals intelligence sensors
- Signals intelligence collection, ship-based : Signals intelligence collection systems mounted on surface ships
- Signals intelligence collection, ground-based : Fixed, transportable or mobile facilities, on land, which contain signals intelligence sensors
- Signals intelligence collection, space-based : Signals intelligence collection from platforms above the earth's atmosphere