From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
(Redirected from Signal)
Signal could refer to any of the following:-
- Signal (band): A Bulgarian rock band
- Signal (bridge): A particular set of cards in contract bridge card game
- Signal (biology): also termed biopotential - an electric quantity (voltage or current or field strength), caused by chemical reactions of charged ions. Also used for describing the transfer of information between and within cells, as in signal transduction.
- Signal (computing): A form of asynchronous interprocess communcation used in Unix, Unix-like, and other POSIX-compliant operating systems.
- Signal (circuit theory): any information that has value to a particular electronic network. In a more concrete sense, the signals in a circuit are carried as changes in the voltages and currents of the circuit over time.
- Signal (communications): In communications, signal processing, and in electrical engineering, any time-varying quantity