Set (mathematics)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Set (mathematics), or pages that link to Set (mathematics) or to this page or whose text .
- Mathematics : The study of quantities, structures, their relations, and changes thereof.
- Discrete matematics : Add brief definition or description
- Set theory : Mathematical theory that models collections of (mathematical) objects and studies their properties.
- Function (mathematics) : A rule which maps each object in a given set to a uniquely defined object in another set.
- Linear map : Function between two vector spaces that preserves the operations of vector addition and scalar multiplication.
- Mathematical logic : Add brief definition or description
- Ordered set : A set with an order relation
- Naive set theory : Add brief definition or description
- Zermelo-Fraenkel axioms : One of several possible formulations of axiomatic set theory.
- Aleph-0 : Cardinality (size) of the set of all natural numbers.
- Boolean algebra : A form of logical calculus with two binary operations AND (multiplication, •) and OR (addition, +) and one unary operation NOT (negation, ~) that reverses the truth value of any statement.
- Cardinal number : The generalization of natural numbers (as means to count the elements of a set) to infinite sets.
- Continuum hypothesis : A statement about the size of the continuum, i.e., the number of elements in the set of real numbers.
- Ernst Zermelo : Add brief definition or description
- Georg Cantor : (1845-1918) Danish-German mathematician who introduced set theory and the concept of transcendental numbers
- Logic symbols : A shorthand for logical constructions
- Peano axioms : Add brief definition or description
- Transfinite algebra : Add brief definition or description
- Venn diagram : A visual representation of inclusion relations of sets or logical propositions by arrangements of regions in the plane.