From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Korea : Historical country and peninsula of northeastern Asia, comprising the states of North Korea and South Korea.
- South Korea : A democratic republic in East Asia, occupying the southern half of the Korean peninsula; established in 1948 after Korea's liberation from Japanese colonial rule.
- Hanyang University : One of the largest universities in South Korea, located in Seoul, with a satellite campus in Ansan.
- Seoul University : Add brief definition or description
- Yonsei University : Add brief definition or description
- : The XXIV Summer Olympic Games, held in Seoul (KOR).
- Intelligence on the Korean War : The collection and analysis, primarily by the United States with South Korean help, of information that predicted the 1950 invasion of South Korea, and the plans and capabilities of the enemy once the war had started
- Korean language : Add brief definition or description
- Yi Sunshin : A Korean admiral renowned for his naval victories against the Japanese invaders during the Korean War of 1592-1598.