Semi-active radar homing/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Semi-active radar homing, or pages that link to Semi-active radar homing or to this page or whose text .
- Guided missile : A weapon that flies through air or space, under its own power, which adjusts its course to hit its target.
- Missile guidance : Add brief definition or description
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- AIM-7 Sparrow : A semi-active radar homing air-to-air missile introduced during the Vietnam War, the early models were not effective, although it improved over time, spawned the RIM-162 ESSM naval surface-to-air missile, but has been replaced for air-to-air use by the AIM-120 AMRAAM
- RIM-156 Standard SM-2 : Intended to be launched from the vertical launch system of AEGIS battle management system equipment ships, this is principally a long-range surface-to-air missile using semi-active radar homing with no over-the-horizon capability; it can accept midcourse guidance for its secondar anti-shipping missile capability and thus engage over-the-horizon targets
- R-77 Vympel : Add brief definition or description
- Laser designator : A device that puts a distinctive, usually invisible, pattern of laser energy on an object, for purposes such as designating the target of a laser-guided bomb
- Laser-guided bomb : The first modern class of precision-guided munition, in which the guidance system moves aerodynamic control fins of a glide bomb to keep it centered on the point at which a laser designator beam touches the target