From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- AEGIS battle management system : An integrated system of computers, radars, and other systems that provides integrated management of a shipboard suite of strategic strike, anti-surface warfare, ballistic missile defense and anti-air warfare principally using missiles in vertical launch systems; it complements other integrated systems for anti-submarine warfare and naval gunfire support
- Passive electronically scanned array : Add brief definition or description
- Ticonderoga-class : Modern U.S. Navy cruisers usually serving as carrier or amphibious escorts, but capable of independent action including long-range strike, anti-air/anti-ballistic missile/anti-satellite warfare, naval gunfire support, and antisubmarine warfare.
- Burke-class : Large U.S. Navy multirole destroyers equipped with AEGIS battle management system and constant upgrades; Japan has Kongo-class clones, also being upgraded to ballistic missile defense; South Korea has the KDK-class
- Kongo-class : Destroyers currently in service with the Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force (i.e., Japanese Navy), which are licensed copies of the U.S. Burke-class and are being upgraded for ballistic missile defense