From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Rockabilly, or pages that link to Rockabilly or to this page or whose text .
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Musicology : The study of music.
- Blues : A music genre based on the use of the blues chord progressions (I-IV-V) and blue notes.
- Rock music : A form of popular music with a prominent vocal melody, accompanied by guitar, drums, and bass, usually with a strong back beat, which evolved from earlier rock and roll and rockabilly music styles.
- Rock 'n' roll : A form of popular music that evolved in the United States in the late 1940s and early 1950s, from rhythm and blues, country, and folk.
- Classic rock : A radio format usually encompassing the mid-1960s to early 1980s years with an emphasis on guitar based bands such as Led Zeppelin or Bad Company. Since the 1980s, classic rock has also been used to loosely describe a genre of music redolent of the radio format.
- Heavy metal (music) : Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a popular genre of rock music that evolved in the late 1960s and early 1970s, from heavy blues and psychedelic rock.