From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
(Redirected from Respect)
- 1. A particular, detail, or point. (usually prec. by 'in')
- 2. High or special regard; reputation; repute.
- 3. Willingness to show consideration or appreciation.
- : 1. To relate or refer to; To concern.
2.a. To consider worthy of high regard; b. To feel or show deferential regard for; To esteem.
3. To refrain from interfering with.
- Respect (song) : Song first sung by by Otis Redding in 1965, and made popular by Aretha Franklin in her 1967 version.
- Respect agenda : A prominent policy of Tony Blair.
- Respect Party : Left-wing UK political party which campaigns against privatisation, unemployment, Islamophobia and war; usually referred to as simply 'Respect'; associated with George Galloway and the Stop the War Coalition.
- Respect Records : A music record label.